Research shows that life goes better for optimists. I used to be very pessimistic. I am changing. Here’s my plan:
- Limit your exposure to negative things. Seek out positive things.
- Cultivate optimistic friends.
- Be thankful. Write down one thing a day in a notebook by your bed.
- Exercise. Get some fresh air.
- Persevere. Don’t give up. Try a new way. Let go.
- Help others. Encourage them. Compliment them – genuinely.
- Listen to “positive” music. Dance. Sing.
- Laugh! Practice makes perfect.
For me the last item is key and I do this by participating in an awesome weekly Laughter Club. What are some of your ideas?