I saw a very eclectic list of jobs one of my FB friends has had and got inspired to jot down my own list. Here it is for your amusement:
- Coffee shop volunteer – Riverside Hospital (age 12)
- Ice cream sales – Dickie Dee (age 13)
- Short order cook – Steak & Burger
- Transformer winder – Filtran Ltd.
- Clean room cleaner – Nortel (I did this job for 1 shift and then quit)
- Roof truss quad-saw unloader – Steenbakkers Lumber
- Kids camp cabin leader – Pioneer Camps
- Youth group leader – Bethany Baptist
- IT support – Health & Welfare Canada
- Event videographer – FOIP conference
- Telemarketer – [forget where] (I did this job for 15 minutes and then quit)
- Door to door sales – STN
- Computer programmer – MDA, Telos Ltd, Crystal Decisions, Business Objects
- Laughter leader – Universal Laughter
- Career Exploration program facilitator – Transitions Inc.
- Human Resources assistant – Atira Property Management
CBC radio had a call in show and the topic that day was “worst job ever.” I got on air and told them about my short stint as a “clean room cleaner.” What are some strange jobs that you’ve held?